The corona epidemic in the country has taken a macabre form. In the last 24 hours, 1 lakh 99 thousand 376 new patients have been found. 93,418 recovered and 1,037 died. The new case figure has more than doubled from the first peak on September 16 last year. At that time, the maximum number of cases was 97,860 in one day. With this, the number of active cases, ie, patients undergoing treatment, has increased to 14 lakh 65 thousand 877. It can cross 15 lakhs because it has been increasing by more than one lakh in the last two days.
Corona epidemic figures in the country
• Total new cases in last 24 hours: 1.99 lakh
• Total death in last 24 hours: 1,037
• Total cured in last 24 hours: 93,418
• Total infected till now: 1.40 crores
• Till now healed: 1.24 Crore
• Total deaths so far: 1.73 lakh
• Total number of patients currently undergoing treatment: 14.65 lakhs
More than 20 thousand patients found in UP
Things are getting worse in Uttar Pradesh. On Wednesday, all records of new Corona patients were broken in the state. For the first time, more than 20 thousand new cases have been found in 24 hours. This number is 20,512. On April 7, 6,002 cases were found in UP. On March 8, this number was just 101. After this, there was a sudden rapid increase. Now Maharashtra was the only state where more than 20 thousand patients were getting daily.
The state recovered 4,517 patients on Wednesday. There have also been 67 deaths during this period. The total cases in the state have reached nearly seven and a half lakh. 9,376 people have lost their lives due to this epidemic. There are 1.11 lakh active cases in the state. More than 83 lakh people have got vaccinated here. Delhi has also recorded the highest number of 17,282 cases in a single day so far. 104 patients died here.
There is also a lack of beds, ventilators in Uttar Pradesh
Beds, oxygen, and ventilators are facing a crisis in UP hospitals. There has been a shortage of Remadecivir injections throughout the state. Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath has asked Ahmedabad’s Gujarat to order 25 thousand doses of Remedisvir injection. He has ordered the authorities to supply the injection with immediate effect. Meanwhile, state Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath and former Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav have also been found to be corona infected. Both have started treatment in home isolation.
• In the first phase of the three-tier panchayat elections in Uttar Pradesh, 18 districts are voting today, amid the second wave of Corona infection. The voting process is going on at seven in the morning, which will run till six in the evening. 51,176 centers have been set up in 18 districts for the voting process. Where 3,16,46,162 voters will exercise their franchise for ‘village government’. The fate of 2,99,012 candidates will be decided in the election. Elections are to be held in four stages. The results will come on 2 May.
• Congress candidate Razaul Haq died on Thursday due to corona from the Shamsherganj assembly seat in Murshidabad, West Bengal. He underwent a test last week due to ill health. He was undergoing treatment at a private hospital in Kolkata when the report came positive. Polling to be held in Shamsherganj on 26 April.
• It has been made mandatory for devotees visiting the Kashi Vishwanath Temple, Sankatmochan, and Annapurna Temple in Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh to bring a negative report of the Corona RT-PCR test. The commissioner said that no one will be allowed to enter the temple without bringing a negative report.
• Jharkhand government has set up a control room for migrant laborers in Ranchi. Workers coming from Maharashtra and Delhi are being helped here.
• The Central Government on Wednesday took two important decisions to address the shortage of Remadecivir injections being used in the treatment of Corona. According to Union Minister Mansukh Mandavia, the cost of this injection will be Rs 3,500 from the end of this week. Not only this, but its production will also double from the end of April. For this, 6 more companies have been approved to produce it.
• In view of the increasing cases of Corona, the Center took a major decision for CBSE Students on Wednesday. The government has canceled the exams for class 10 starting May 4 and postponed class 12 for the time being. The government will now decide on the 12th examination on 1 June. If it is decided to take the exam, then students will be given 15 days’ time, that is, the exam will be done only after June 15.
• Hours after postponing the CBSE examinations, the Rajasthan government has also canceled the board exams for classes 10th and 12th. The Education Department had proposed this to Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot. He approved it. The government has decided to promote the students of 8th, 9th, and 11th to the next classes.
• More than 10 lakh devotees took a dip in the Ganges on the occasion of the royal bath on Wednesday at the Kumbh in Haridwar amidst the havoc of Corona. It is now reported that the government is preparing to take strict steps regarding Kumbh. The Tirath government of Uttarakhand has churned this out.
• Delhi Capitals bowler Enrique Norkhia Corona has been infected a day before the match with Rajasthan Royals. Kagiso Rabada of the team accompanied him for 7 hours on the plane. His report has come negative.
• • The state of major states…
• 1. Maharashtra
58,952 new patients were found here on Wednesday. 39,624 patients recovered and 278 died. So far, 35.78 lakh people have been affected by the epidemic in the state. Of these, 29.05 lakh people have recovered, while 58,804 have died. Currently, about 6.12 lakh people are being treated here.
2. Uttar Pradesh
Corona report of 20,439 people came positive here on Wednesday. 4,517 people recovered and 67 died. So far, 7.44 lakh people have been found infected here. Of these, 6.22 lakh have been cured, while 9,376 patients died. 1.12 lakh patients are undergoing treatment.
On Wednesday, 17,282 people were found corona infected in the state. 9,952 people recovered and 104 died. So far, 7.67 lakh people have been infected here. Of these, 7.05 lakh have been cured, while 11,540 patients lost their lives. There are 50,736 patients who are undergoing treatment.
On Wednesday, 14,250 people in the state were found to be corona infected. During this period 4,633 people recovered and 120 died. So far, 4.86 lakh people have been infected in the state. 1.18 lakh patients are undergoing treatment.
5. Madhya Pradesh
On Wednesday, 9,720 people in the state were found to be corona infected. 3,657 people were recovered and 51 died. So far, 3.63 lakh people have been affected by the infection here. Out of these, 3.09 lakh people have been cured. 4,312 patients lost their lives. 49,551 patients are undergoing treatment.
On Wednesday, 7,410 people were found corona infected in the state. 2,642 people were recovered and 73 died. Till now, 3.67 lakh people have been infected. Of these, 3.23 lakh have been cured, while 4,995 patients have died. There are 39,250 patients who are undergoing treatment.